This problem usually happen when the computer or the motherboard is too old. Every time you turn on the computer, the message appears like this:
- Time and Date Always Resetting
- CMOS Settings Wrong
- CMOS Date/Time not set
- Press F1 to Run Setup
- Press F2 to load defaults values and continue
- Even though you have already configured it, same things happen
Here’s how to FIX the trouble
- Check the contacts between motherboard battery . If corroded clean with alcohol
- Check if the jumper settings of motherboard CLR_CMOS or JBAT is not configured in jumper 2-3
- Check the battery power
Battery power is at 3.3Volts, you can check it using analog or digital multimeter, if the voltage of the battery is below 2.8 Volts, replace it.
Watch the Replacement Video while replacing the battery
Note: if it’s still happens after you checked and fix the problem. Well the problem is the motherboard itself. Try to replace it with a new one.