This problem might applicable to the following network
- Globe Network
- Smart Network
- Sun Network
The problem appears when replacing the damage parts notebook PC (the internal disk drive) .
The procedure of repairing the problem are:
- Replacing the disk drive
- Preparing the tools for clean installation
- Format hard disk
- Install Operating System Windows XP
- Install drivers ( chipset, audio drivers, network, video, touchpad, etc)
- Install additional web browser “the Mozilla Firefox”
- Install plugins such as adobe reader, adobe flash player, java, audio and video codecs, quicktime, etc
- Install Antivirus Software for virus protection
- Install Microsoft Office 2007 and some application software like audio and video downloader and media converter
- Then deleting the unnecessary files created during the installation
The last part is the usb plug it and together with some system tweaks . After all it can’t connect to Smartbro Internet and even can’t install the software built-in or located inside the device internal memory.
This solution also works to other network such as Sun Broadband Wifi Stick and Globe Tattoo plug-it. Since the device use for their wireless connectivity is identical to each other, the only difference is the network settings.
The trouble I encounter:
- Cannot Install This Hardware
- Cannot Install This Hardware, Cannot find the file Specified
- Appears normal but cannot connect
- Tried and tested to Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows 8 Operating System and it’s all working fine
- cannot connect please try again later error message
- You can’t click the connect button
Smart Broadband Smart bro plug-it Installation
When plugging in the Smart Broadband, Smart bro plug it ( known as Smartbro usb) into Windows XP Notebook usb port; the installation process of drivers kick in.
Back to the Web Browser
This moment in front of the web browser, I’m suspecting that the error message is cause by damage software built-in to the USB Stick of Smart Broadband .
It took me an hour searching and searching the web, just to discover what I want the program for the Huawei MF190b plug it. When the download is over, I extracted the compressed file. The sad part is the file itself is password protected.
Searching is Over
After an hour searching again, Finally I got the drivers and software for it. This time I uninstall the driver and software of Smart Broadband USB Stick Through Add/Remove programs located in Windows XP Control Panel. The next process is deleting the left over of un-installation (the temporary files and the start menu folder) and then restart the computer once.
The Exciting Moment
Excited to test the device; restart the notebook computer; plug the smartbro plug-it; open the smart bro program, the result is, can’t still connect. The connect button is unclickable either. As far as I know it will automatically connect to the internet seconds or within a few minute after the device plug to USB Port of the Desktop or Notebook PC. Observe and testing it for two days, but none is changing.
The signal frequency is high and its in 3G mode indicator looks good and I know that its more than enough the requirements set by Smartbro plug it device to connect.
Upgrading the Windows Operating System Doesn’t Work
So I decided to upgrade the Windows XP OS to full version, because I thought maybe the trouble is the Operating System itself, since it’s a lite version (means some of system files are not installed). But before doing it, I uninstalled first the drivers and program of Smartbro usb stick to avoid future problem.
Then proceed to Smartbro plug it software installation of drivers and software. This time, I did not use the downloaded software that came from South America. I used the legit program and drivers built in to the device.
The installation process goes very well, the plug it device drivers and software installed properly. After the installation, restart the computer and wait a little while. Connect the plug it, the the smartbro program automatically launch. Waiting to connect to the internet…. and waiting.. and waiting.. oops something not normal here. The device appears not connected at all. This time, I clicked the Connect button. All I’ve got is nothing the same problem I’ve encounter before the upgrade. I already checked all the network and device settings and compared to Smart Website but none is working.
Last Resort: The Frustrating Part of Troubleshooting Experiment