Planning to upgrade your hard core gaming laptop or you want to replace some defective parts such as keyboard, memory or LCD Screen. Here is the guide of disassembling of Alienware 17 R2 or R3 laptop.
This disassembling guide covers the removal of:
- Back Cover
- Hard Drive
- Cable Connectors
- Wireless Card
- Laptop Screen
- Dual Fan
The processor of this laptop is soldered to motherboard. There’s no way to remove it, the thing you can do to this laptop is upgrade the memory and hard disk or replace the LCD Screen.
Dell Alienware 17 R2 R3 Laptop Specifications
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 64 bot
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4980HQ 2.8 GHz
- Hard Disk: 256 Gb SSD and 1 TB 5400 RPM
- Memory: 2 slot DDR3 1600 Mhz 8 Gb and upgradable
- Graphics: Dedicated Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M with 4 GB GDDR5
- Screen Size: 17.3 inch Full HD
- Network: Gigabit Speed WLAN and LAN
Note: Specifications vary depending how expensive your Alienware laptop.