The Lenovo G550 is an update of G530 with the main difference being the change from a 16:10 to a 16:9 display. This is a common trend for most manufacturers, as they switch to the standardized 16:9 screens.
First, remove the battery. To show the memory, processor fan and heatsink, remove the small plastic cover at the back of the laptop.
This disassembling guide includes the following:
- removing battery
- removing upgrade RAM/memory
- removing processor and heatsink fan
- removing the hard disk drive
- remove or replacement optical drive
- remove or replacement of keyboard
- disconnect touchpad
- motherboard removal
Be cautious when removing screws and the wire connectors.
Lenovo G550 Laptop Specifications
- Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T6500
- Hard Disk: 5400 rpm, HDD, 1,250 GB
- Memory: 4.00GB
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce G 105M, VGA, HDMI, 512MB
- Screen Size: 15.6 in
- Camera: 0.3 MPix
- Network: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Broadcom BCM4312